Work for ALI Media Fellowship
Job Advertisement: Closing Date: 5 February 2016 (17:00 South African time)
Position: Programme Assistant, ALI Media Fellowship Programme
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa with occasional travel to Kenya and Nigeria Reporting to: Executive Director
Start Date: 1 March 2016
Email submissions: email@example.com
Africa Leadership Initiative (ALI) has developed an innovative Fellowship programme for distinguished professionals from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have the ability – through their positions of leadership – to influence and enhance the future of financial journalism in Africa and beyond. The ALI Media Fellowship Programme brings together 46 outstanding leaders in the media, government and non-governmental organisation (NGO) sectors from three of Africa’s leading economies.
ALI Media Fellowship Programme is seeking to recruit a Programme Assistant to support the programme for one year with effect from 01 March 2016.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Assist the Executive Director in executing and improving ALI Media Fellowship Programme’s management systems and programmes primarily in the areas of communications and coordination with the ALI Media Fellows; budget planning and oversight; preparation of annual work plans; the monitoring and evaluation of programmes; and the preparation of the organisation’s monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Help improve the communication and coordination lines within the ALI Media Fellowship Programme, within ALI and with the funders and play an active role in the implementation of internal communication initiatives among projects. From time to time and as assigned by the ED, the programme assistant is also expected to lead and manage projects, which may involve participation from other agencies.
• Lead in organising logistics for seminars, meetings and Fellowship Alumni.
For more details on the programme please visit www.alimediafellowship.org
PREFERED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
Undergraduate (Media, Communications or Journalism)
PREFERED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
5 years’ experience in similar role
– Time management skills to plan, manage, and coordinate executive director’s activities and major functions.
– Ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
– Ability to work independently with confidential tasks, compose effective correspondence.
– Strong documentation, writing, research and presentation skills. Ability to keep records and files and provide information correctly and concisely.
|ORGANISATIONAL COMPETENCIES||· Professionalism
· Goal Oriented
· Interpersonal skills (Trust, Respect)
· Value diversity
· Relationship Building
|· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Organisational skills
· Administrative skills
· Communication Skills
· Computer skills: Word, Powerpoint and Excel, Email
· Skills in written and verbal communication
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Proofreading skills
· Time Management skills
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
· Fluent in English
· Knowledge and understanding NGO sector
· Time management
· Highly organized and flexible
|· Team building skills
· Empowering & Developing people
· People Management
· Decision making skills
Competency importance: 1=important; 2=very important; 3=extremely important; 4=critical